A Guide for Finding & Choosing a New Dentist in Edmonton
When you’re looking for a new dentist in Edmonton, you’re searching for more than someone to
just clean your teeth. Having a go-to dentist gives you peace of mind knowing you’re going to a
safe, trusted place for all dental procedures. Here is the best way to find a new dentist in
The Basics to Choose a New Dentist
You will be seeing your dentist regularly, so keep this in mind when searching for a new
provider. In addition, consider some of the details that work best with your lifestyle and the dental
care needed. For instance:
● Is the office located near your home or office
● What are their hours?
● Have dental benefits? is this dentist in your network?
Now that you’ve started your search, you’re probably seeing advertisements everywhere you
go. Social media sites can be a great way to find patient reviews of dentists near you, but it’s
important to understand that everyone’s needs and experiences are different.
When searching for a new dentist, here are some great places to start:
● Your local dental society
● A trusted friend or relative
● Your local health department
● nearby dental schools can help you find care.
Once you’ve found a few good candidates, visit their websites and see if their offices are on
social media to learn more about them.
It’s Time to Meet the Dentist
When choosing a new dentist in Edmonton, don’t be scared to call or visit all your potential options before
making a decision. By making a list of questions and bringing your records, you’ll be more
prepared and the dentist can review your history. This will also give you a chance to check out
the office environment – is it welcoming, clean, and comfortable?
Here are a few common questions to ask your dentist:
● Will you explain ways to help prevent dental health problems? Is instruction provided?
● How do you handle emergencies outside of office hours?
● Is the staff familiar with your benefits plan? Do they offer financing options for treatment
● Will my medical and dental history be recorded and placed in a permanent file?
If you’re looking for a dentist, feel free to share past dental experiences or dental concerns. It’s
important to make sure the dentist understands your concerns and answers all your questions.
At the end of the day, you want an Edmonton dentist who will become part of your total healthcare team.
Because so much of your dental health affects your overall health, it’s important to find someone
you can trust when you need it most.